Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Get Juiced!

While I sit in the sun this morning, I reminisce about a trip I took with my lady friends over the May long weekend. The weather couldn't have been any more perfect. Even in the middle of May, we could already feel the summer warmth. The sun was out in full force, you could feel the humidity in the air, it was the kind of weather we'd been dreaming about all winter. It was a reminder of what was to come.

Since the weather that week reminded me of the summer months, I decided to make some home made juice for us.  I had made a fresh juice with a bright green colour to it and included a plethora of ingredients. Apples, carrots, mango, lemon, celery, kale, and spinach. You would never imagine these flavours pairing well together, but the sweet hint of mango combined with a slight earthy flavour of kale and spinach, with an aftertaste of celery was delicious and satisfying. The girls raved about how yummy it was. There was nothing we could compare the flavour of the juice to, but one thing was for sure the girls wanted more of it.

Because they still ask me to re-create my juice and to continue to make different recipes, I have dedicated a page to juicing. This page will include information about juicing, the benefits of juicing, and juicing recipes.

If you haven't tried making home made juice before, now is a great time to start. With summer right around the corner, you can't beat drinking a glass of homemade juice on a hot day. The refreshing flavours of fresh fruits and vegetables quenches your thirst like nothing else. Just add a few ice cubes and voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment